Top Stories

Autopsy Reveals Samuel Olson Died Of "Homicidal Violence" From Blunt Force Trauma To The Head

Combined Shape

Justice is beginning to be served in the case of 5-year-old Samuel Olson.

The Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences in Houston conducted the autopsy and confirmed, “The cause of his death is homicidal violence with blunt head trauma.”

Theresa Raye Balboa, 29, was found inside a motel room in Jasper, about 135 miles (215 kilometers) northeast of Houston, thanks to an anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers. It was later revealed that the tip came from a friend who transported Balboa and the tote to the motel.

According to prosecutors, she kept the body in a storage unit before attempting to flee to Louisiana in an apparent attempt to ditch the body.

Balboa appeared in court on Monday, June 7, where she stands accused of “tampering with evidence-human corpse.” Now that the autopsy has been complete, more charges are expected to be filed by the District Attorney’s Office.

Woman Races to Rescue Elderly Man: 'I Was Made to Be There at That Time'

The prosecutors also requested a new bond from a pending assault charge in 2020. Balboa is accused of choking Dalton Olson. The judge granted an increase, raising the bond from $5,000 to $100,000. The new charges come with a $500,00 bond, making the total $600,000.

Samuel was reported missing on May 27. Theresa Balboa, the girlfriend of Olson’s father, Dalton Olson, claimed that his mother, Sarah Olson, and what she perceived to be a police officer showed up at his home on May 24 and demanded he be turned over to his mother. When the authorities contacted Sarah, she proved that claim was false and provided law enforcement with an alibi.

Samuel’s parents were involved in a custody battle after filing for divorce in January 2020, and Sarah claimed she had not seen her son any time recently.

Investigators were told by Samuel’s school that they had not seen him since April 30, and his grandmother says she last saw him alive on May 2.

Balboa’s roommate claims that on May 10 Samuel was dead, and his body was kept in the bathtub for two days before he was loaded into the tote and taken to a storage facility in Webster. The roommate also claimed Samuel had bruises on his body.

At this time there is no word on when the extra charges, or what they will be, will be filed.


Follow Riiver Nihil and Tatum Report on Instagram

Submit a Correction →

Riiver Nihil is a born and raised American who values real freedom and the American Constitution. She loves to inspire and empower others to always question the mainstream narrative, think for themselves and stand up for their American and God-given rights. Email :